“The food you eat can be either the safest and most powerful form of medicine or the slowest form of poison.” – Ann Wigmore
I don’t have many memories from when I was young (future alzheimer patient right here), but there is one memory I kept close to my heart all these years and it’s when my dad used to make me the most perfect pistachio milkshake ever. I don’t know if it was spending time with him, the closeness or the drink but I clearly remember running back home from school knowing a glass of what I believed to be the best drink ever would be waiting for me! And begging for more every single time!
Somewhere along the way he stopped and I completely forgot about our time and the drink. And it’s just recently I rediscovered my love for this amazing drink. It’s not exactly how he used to do it, nonetheless, it’s delicious and makes me go down memory lane!
All you need for this drink of the heavens is:
- 1 cup and a half of milk ( Any kind of milk)
- 1 banana or 1 avocado or 1/2 cup of coconut cream (Depends on your preferences)
- 1 apple
- A few leaves of spinach (To create the green color without influencing the taste too much)
- Pistachios (At your discretion, the more you put the thicker the milkshake will be)
- A few dates (to make the milkshake sweeter but this could be totally avoided)
Put everything in the blender and start blending!
PS: this could also be a summer drink by adding some ice and use a frozen fruits.
I hope you enjoyed this little post and the milkshake! I want to hear from you so don’t hesitated to drop a comment below with your taught about my milkshake and/or suggestion for future posts.