Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently. -Henry Ford
A secret about me is that I love birthdays!
And this week I will be celebrating my 24th birthday! (well I have been celebrating all month but today it really finalize the celebration)
I learned a lot this past year and all the years before that. I am who I am today thanks to a sum of good and shitty things that happened to me. Clearly if everything went to plan, we will learn nothing.
These are the 24 things I learned until now or always knew but needs to be said again:
- God comes first. He always has you back and ready to pick you up when you fall. He knows best and you only have to trust his plan.
- Do it. Whatever you have in mind, just do it 😉 Don’t wait for a better time (it might never come) or a better opportunity (create your own!).
- Follow your intuition! I used to always doubt myself and not listened to me. I would listen to my mom, my friends, hell strangers! but never to myself which sucks because only I know myself a 100%.
- Surround yourself with good people. My mom always told me, tell me who your friends are and I will tell you who you are. I need to trust you and know you have my best interest at heart.
- Don’t wear socks with sandals! You will regret it later! Unless you never grow up and then you will never regret it.
- A number doesn’t define you. Graduating with a C, a B or an A brings you the same diploma. Been with 1, 5 or 10 guy doesn’t make you better or worst than someone else. Getting a house at 25 or 55 is bomb either way. Becoming a mom at 20 or 40 still makes you a mom!
- Drink lots of water. And thank me later!
- Everybody struggles. Don’t think you are the only one struggling and never be a dick to someone purposely because you never know what they go through.
- Never show your fears to the machines (cars, phones, printers…) They feel it and then won’t work just to piss you off more.
- Perfection doesn’t exist. Don’t even try to reach it, you will fail and be miserable, mostly because you won’t be true to yourself. You’re the only one noticing perfection the rest of the world doesn’t give a shit about how perfect you are.
- Help others and give generously. You will never lose by being generous.
- Travel the world. The memories and discoveries you will make will forever be with you. It a baggage you will be pleased to carry and the stories you will have afterward are priceless.
- You don’t need an occasion to eat cake! The more the merrier!
- Take risks. This one is a hard one because I love controlling and calculating everything, but it’s really when I take risks that I get the best outcome!
- Spend time with your family. They are your tribe and the people who will be at your side through everything. Blood is thicker than water!
- Climate change is real! So Reduce, Reuse, Recycle and in that order!
- Forgive but never forget. I don’t want to be mad at someone for a long or short period of time. As a matter of fact I don’t want to be mad at all. It’s pointless and most probably the other person don’t care. So forgive but never forget you got screwed and next time, make sure you don’t fall the same way.
- Be grateful for everything you accomplished.
- The evil eye is real! Don’t talk about your happiness and success openly with everyone. Grind in private and enjoy the fruits of your hard labor in private. Also, if you have plans, keep them to yourself.
- Social media is nice but nothing more. We get so flustered over the amount of likes, followers, views we get which is not okay. We forget to live our real life for the sake of a virtual one and that has to stop.
- Never settle. You know what you want and you should get exactly that.
- Skin Care comes first. Invest in good products. You don’t want to look 50 by the age of 35.
- It doesn’t matter that you failed… what matters is what you will be doing afterwards. Fall 7 times, stand up eight!
- Love yourself first. Like Robert Holden said: “Your relationship with yourself sets the tone for every other relationship you have.”
There you go! Save this post for later because you will need to re-read it often as it’s full of important lessons you need to keep in mind.
Also follow this blog for a lot of Travel, Lifestyle and Beauty posts and comment what you would like to read about next!
With much love…