One of the most courageous decisions you’ll ever make is to finally let go of what is hurting your heart and soul.
Needless to say that self-care is very important to me. Whether you’re depressed or simply to recharge, it’s important to do little things that make you feel good. I compiled a list of affordable self-care you can do on a Sunday to make sure your week starts well.
- Shut off your phone for a few hours.
- A dance party? Put your earphones on and put on your favorite song and dance like nobody is watching (realistically no one is…). After a few songs, I feel so happy and ready for the rest of my day.
- Drink lots of water. Stay hydrated. It helps you physically but also mentally by reducing your fatigue
- Go to the movies on your own.
- Try positive self-talk. We are so used to negative talk and it’s so natural to us that a positive talk can seem extremely hard but after a few tries, it will make you feel so much better.
- Something a bit childish but always makes me feel: Coloring books. It will calm your busy mind and help you de-stress.
- Volunteer with an organization that you like. Nothing makes me feel better than helping other people.
- Cuddle with your pet. Nothing beats hearing your cat or dog purr near you. No pets? You can cuddle with your partner. No partner? Get yourself a weighted blanket!
- Catch the sunset. Seeing it puts everything into consideration.
- Start a book you had your eye on for a long time but never got around to!
- Work on one of your hobbies. The week can be so hectic and you might not have time to do something that you really like.
- Organize your kitchen drawers. I will feel better while I’m organizing them and also for the next few weeks every time I will see them!
- A bit of meditation never hurt anybody? My favorite YouTuber is Yoga with Adrienne and she has plenty of different videos for whatever you want to work on.
- Do a social media cleanse where you unfollow a few accounts that don’t make you feel so good.
- Bake some cupcakes. Baking can be so therapeutic and cupcakes are quite easy to make if you’re not a baker. If you are, you can try something harder.
- Try journaling. I don’t have time to do this daily but once a week, I love to reflect on my week and write down a few things I was grateful for or future projects I’m excited for.
- Go into a quiet space and pray. If you’re not religious let’s call it manifestation. Just talk into the universe your wishes and desires.
- If you have a lot of clothes, try to declutter by giving away a few items to thrift stores.
- Go on a walk around your neighborhood. Breathe the fresh air.
- Get your body moving. You don’t have to go to the gym if you don’t want, a home workout is more than enough. Just 15 min is enough to make you feel 10 times better.
- Take a bubble bath. Use some essential oil such as lavender or eucalyptus and just relax!
We like affordable self-care so even if you don’t have much you can still practice these. Let me know what you like to do to unwind in the comments section below!
Until next time,